Sunday, August 12, 2012

Whew! That's a lot of knitting!

So I've been MIA from blogging for the past 2 weeks, the reason being I was too busy knitting to take time to post! This was my first year participating in Ravelry's Ravellenic Games (previously named the Ravelympics). Not only was it my first year participating, but I also decided to captain a team, made up of my awesome knitterly best friends from my local knitting group. The majority of the group were also first-time participants, so when I wasn't knitting, I was spending a lot of time on Ravelry making sure everyone got the help they needed to cross the finish line and receive their medals. It was a lot of work, but a lot of fun, too. I'm already looking forward to the next Ravellenic Games during the Winter Olympics in 2014!

Here's what I managed to accomplish:

1) I finished the last 6 garter striped squares I needed for a felted bag (Ravelry Pattern Link)



2) A funky-coloured, Bicycle Wheels hat (Ravelry Pattern Link). I think this one will be a Christmas gift for my niece.



3) A cabled sleeve for my new Nexus 7 tablet. It's a modified version of a Kindle sleeve (Ravelry Pattern Link)



4) A Newsprint Cowl (Ravelry Pattern Link). I'm pretty proud of this project, as I had to rip it back and start over 5 times before finally getting the hand of the slipped stitch colourwork (2 colour brioche), which I'd never done before. Once I figured it out, it was a really fun knit, and I'll be making more of these, for sure!


No comments:

Post a Comment