Thursday, February 16, 2012

Love This Lens!

I recently discovered Photography On The Net, which is a forum for Canon owners. They have these great, individual discussion threads devoted to each of Canon's lenses, where members post photos they've taken with the lenses. I have one of those threads to thank for my recent purchase of Canon's 85mm f/1.8 lens. I haven't had much of a chance to really play with it yet, but I did take it out a couple of times since it arrived on Tuesday. Here's a quick shot of Penny I took, right out of the box:


Already I love this lens. The autofocus is fast, and SO sharp. And the bokeh is phenomenal. 

Tuesday was just an awesome day, all around. Not only was my new lens delivered, but my wonderful husband surprised me with a dozen white roses (my favourite!) for Valentine's Day. It was extra surprising, because in 15 years together, we've never made any sort of big deal about Valentine's Day. Plus, he's working out west, so I wouldn't have expected anything, regardless. He'll be home on Monday for two weeks, and I can't wait, we all miss him so much.



In other news, I just acquired a new vintage Brother sewing machine. And it's pink! I just finished cleaning her up and took some photos this afternoon. I'll share once I've had a chance to edit them!

No comments:

Post a Comment