Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A Few Recent Knitted Projects

Since replacing my camera last week, I finally managed to find time to photograph a few of my recently completed knitting projects. They've been sitting on my Ravelry projects page, blank faces staring at me, making me feel guilty for not getting around to taking their photos sooner.

I also just purchased a new flash unit (Canon Speedlite 430EX II), and to be honest, I'm not sure how I lived without one up until now. The difference in my photos is amazing, and other than cropping and adding a bit of creative vignette I didn't even have to do any post-editing.

So, first up is one of my all-time favourite projects, a Montego Bay Scarf, knitted in gorgeous Hand Maiden Sea Silk. I found this yarn in a great little yarn store called Hip 2 Knit when we were in Regina visiting Jeff (my husband, who's out there working). I almost walked away without buying it due to the very intimidating price tag of $42 (!!!). Anyone who knows me knows that I am F.R.U.G.A.L. and I would never normally spend that much money on a single skein of yarn. But my wonderful husband practically ordered me to buy it, so who was I to refuse?!

Isn't it beautiful???


 Then I have a Chunky Dean Street Hat, and a Cabled Cowl, both knitted out of Luxury Baby Alpaca (also purchased in Regina, at a store called Golden Willow Natural Fiber).



Next up, a Slouchy Hat and Chunky Braided Cable Scarf, done in Bernat Natural Blends Alpaca:


And finally, a BoysenBerry Cowl, knitted with MadelineTosh Vintage in a gorgeous green:


 All of these pattern can, of course, be found on Ravelry. If you're a knitter and for some reason aren't on Ravelry yet, you really need to check it out. It's THE place online to find patterns and meet fellow yarn enthusiasts!

1 comment:

  1. Your photography is inspiring! I can't believe these were taken with a flash - the lighting looks very natural.

    ReplyDelete